Buying a house is an exciting part of your life and we know that there is a lot involved before you can actually move into your new dream home.
Often, many people overlook one important process when choosing that ideal home… having the property tested for potentially harmful environmental agents.
With RDS Environmental, a few simple tests can help assure you that your new home is a suitable and healthy environment for you and your family. We are available to conduct a thorough inspection and to address your concerns, providing you with peace of mind.
Common Myths about radon:
- MYTH: If radon levels are high in a home I am interested in buying, I shouldn’t buy the home.
- FACT: If the radon levels in the home you are looking at purchasing are high, don’t let that stop you from buying the home. Radon levels can easily be reduced with a radon mitigation system.
- MYTH: The installation of a radon mitigation system is expensive.
- FACT: The average cost of a radon mitigation system is similar to that of a new stove,dishwasher or refrigerator. The average cost is between $850-$1,200.
- MYTH: A radon mitigation system will decrease the value of my home.
- FACT: A radon system can increase the value of your home, as you are being proactive and are protecting the health of future owners.
Real Estate Professionals
As a real estate professional, we know that you want to provide your client with the most up-to-date and accurate information when they are selecting their new home.
Let RDS assist you and your clients in determining if there are any environmental concerns with their home selection.
Home Radon Test Kits
For those who want to take charge of their own testing, we can provide you with the tools to do your own testing, with our do-it-yourself home test kits. Click here to learn more about our test kits
Whatever testing method you prefer, we’re here to help you make an informed decision when choosing your new home.